Nissan Sylphy has been one of the most popular and loved sedans from Nissan. Below, we will look at the vehicle in detail. Things we will look at include the full specifications of the car, prices of Nissan Sylphy for sale in Kenya and a buying guide for those who want to acquire the vehicle.
Nissan which is the manufacturer released the car to the market in the year 2000. Since then, there have been 5 generations. The car shares the same platform as the popular Nissan Sunny. Initially, the car was referred to as Nissan Bluebird Sylphy, however, the name Bluebird has been dropped in recent models and it is now known as Nissan Sylphy. The main competitors of Sylphy are Toyota Allion and Toyota Axio.
Prices of Nissan Sylphy for sale in Kenya
Here are the prices of Nissan Sylphy for sale in different parts of the country including Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Eldoret, Nakuru, Thika, etc.
The above prices may change depending on the seller and the condition of the vehicle. Nissan Sylphy however comes at slightly lower prices compared to its main competitors. With Ksh and above, you will get yourself one in good condition.
Nissan Sylphy Specifications
For the car to be popular as it is in different parts of the world, it must have unique features. Let us look at them below.
1. Nissan Sylphy exterior
The car maintains a plain exterior with a luxurious exterior that is also attractive.
Below are the exterior features for the car:
- This is a 4 doors Sedan
- The ground clearance is 6.5 inches and above depending on the model, this is good unless heavily loaded since the requirement on Kenyan roads is 6.5 inches
- Apart from the LED headlights, the car has LED taillights that give an attractive look from behind
- The standard grades of Sylphy come with steel rims while the higher grades have alloy rims
- There are also different colors available to pick from
2. Nissan Sylphy interior
The interior is comfortable and has a woody touch finish.
Here are the interior features of the Nissan Sylphy:
- The car is a 5 seater(two front, three at the back)
- The legroom is spacious in both rows giving a comfortable ride even for long-distance travel
- In higher grades, you find seats fitted with armrests
- The boot space is medium and can sizeable luggage
- In the cabin, you will find more storage spaces that include cupholders, door panels, glove box, etc
- The infotainment system of the Sylphy is also fitted with technological features
3. Nissan Sylphy engine
One reason why Nissan Sylphy beats its rivals is the economical fuel consumption engine. Let’s see these engine specs here.
Below is a list of engine specs for the Sylphy:
- The engine capacity in recent models is 1.8L(1798cc), in older models, you will find other engine capacities which are 1.5L and 2.0L
- You can choose between a Front Wheel Drive(FF) and All-Wheel Drive(AWD) type, however, most recent models have the FF drive type only
- The 1.8L engine consumes about 15Km/l
- When it comes to acceleration, the 1.8L engine accelerates from 0 to 100km/h in about 10.5 seconds
- Engine power ranges between 105 to 150ps with the 1.8L engine giving about 131ps
- In recent models, the transmission type/gear is the CVT(Continuous Variable Transmission)
- Lastly, Sylphy tank capacity is 52 liters
Nissan Sylphy buying guide in Kenya
To get value for your money, you must choose wisely, here are some tips you can apply when purchasing your Sylphy. First, have a clear budget of what you are willing to spend, do not forget to account for additional costs that are not included in the purchase price such as insurance payment.
Then, you can follow the steps below:
- Have a list of specs you want on your Sylphy
- Decide whether you want a brand new, imported secondhand or local secondhand
- Check for prices of models with the specs you listed
- If the cost is above your planned budget, adjust by looking at what you can forego to get a model that fits your budget
If you are looking for a more fuel-efficient Sylphy, you should go for the Fore Wheel Drive type(FF), however, an All Wheel Drive(AWD/4WD) is better for those who will be driving offload more frequently.
Also see: Nissan Navara full review
Before completing the purchase, it is important to perform checks. Here are some tips:
- Check for the general condition of the vehicle
- The car should start smoothly
- If the car is secondhand, make sure you involve a mechanic to carry out the inspection for you. Also, check on the NTSA portal to know the current owner of the car
- Be wary of cons, do not accept online-only deals
- The engine number and chassis number should be in the logbook, you should make sure to verify the documentation before making the payment
- Ensure that there are no transmission/gear problems. Signs of the problem include; noise during transmission, hesitation during accelerating and gear slipping
- Check the mileage, the lower, the more likely the engine is in a good condition
- An accident-free vehicle is always better
Nissan Sylphy maintenance in Kenya
Sylphy engine spare parts are easily available in Kenya. The maintenance cost can also be considered average. Common problems reported by Nissan Sylphy users include starting problems, overheating, electrical issues and at time transmission problems. With proper maintenance, however, the car can serve you for a long, here are some tips.
- Read the Owner’s manual to get every instruction on the use of the vehicle
- After every 7,500Km to 10,000Km, take the vehicle for service
- Always use clean fuel
- Always ensure that your car has enough and clean transmission fluid to avoid the gear problems
- Ensure that the fuel cap is always tight for efficient fuel delivery
- Check coolant and oil levels frequently, if low, make sure to top up
Above is a look at Nissan Sylphy in Kenya, we hope the article was helpful, cheers!!