Nissan offers different cars classes, in the SUV, the X-trail is one of the most prominent cars from the manufacturer. In this article, we will have a full review of this SUV. Details we are going to look at include, prices of Nissan X-trail in Kenya, full specifications and buying tips at the end.
X-trail was introduced in the market in the year 2000. Since then, there have been 3 generations, the latest generation was introduced in 2013. The car has a sporty look and its design target is for youngsters who love outdoor sports. Nissan X-trail competes with other mid-sized SUVs such as Honda CRV, Subaru Forester and Toyota Rav4.
Nissan X-trail Specifications
The car comes with various specifications that make it one of the top choices when it comes to family cars. Let’s hence see all of its specs in this section.
1. Nissan X-trail exterior
The recent models of the SUV have an attractive curvy shape which is different from older models which had a more boxy look.
Here are is a list of exterior specs for the Nissan Xtrail:
- This is a 5 doors SUV(two front, two rear and the tailgate)
- The ground clearance for Nissan Xtrail is 8.1 Inches and above depending on the model. This is excellent since the standard requirement on Kenyan roads is 6.5 inches
- Most models of the car come with alloy wheels
- At the top, you will find roof rails
- A sunroof is another feature, it’s however optional
- Fog lights are also a common spec
- Lastly, there are different colors to pick from with regard to your preference
2. Nissan X-trail interior
While the interior of the car is basic, it is spacious and functional.
Below is what you will find on the inside:
- Nissan X-trail is a 7 or 5 seater(the most common is a 5 seater)
- The legroom for the first and second rows is great, however, in a seven-seater, you might find the third row tight
- This car comes with water repellent seats
- The headroom space is also ample even for tall people
- When it comes to boot space, X-trail has a large one, below the boot, you will also find storage shelves. When you need more storage space, you can fold the rare seats, the boot is also covered with washable luggage boards
- Cabin storage is also taken care of in the SUV, you will find cupholders, door panel storage, center box, glove box, dashboard shelf and seat jacket pockets
- Nissan X-trail also gives a quiet ride due to the sound insulation feature
3. Nissan X-trail engine
Let us see what this car has to offer when it comes to the engine.
Below are the engine specs of the X-trail:
- The engine capacities range between 1995cc and 2488cc, however, the most common engine capacity is the 1997cc
- There is also a hybrid engine option available, that is, it can be powered by either a petrol engine or an electric motor
- The fuel consumption ranges between 13km/l to 16km/l. This is largely dependent on the engine capacity
- When it comes to acceleration, the 1997cc accelerates from 0 to 100km/h in about 11.1 seconds
- The engine power is between 137ps to 280ps
- You can choose between an All-Wheel Drive(AWD/4WD) and Two Wheel Drive(2WD/FF)
- The most common transmission type in most recent models of X-trail is Continous Variable transmission(CVT). You will also find some with 4-speed Automatic transmission or 5-speed Manual transmission gear types
- The tank capacity of this Nissan car is 65 Liters
Prices of Nissan X-trail for sale in Kenya
Here is a list of prices of Nissan X-trail for sale in different parts of the country including Mombasa, Kisumu, Nairobi, Nakuru, Thika, Eldoret, etc.
- 2015 Model- Ksh 2.4M
- 2016 Model- Ksh 2.8M
- 2017 Model- Ksh 3.2M
- 2018 Model- Ksh 3.7M
- 2019 Model- Ksh 4.2M
- 2020 Model- Ksh 4.5M
- 2021 Model- Ksh 4.8M
- 2022 Model- Ksh 5.1M
The above prices are just an average of the market price, the prices might change depending on the seller and the condition of the vehicle. For example, a new car will not cost the same as a secondhand. That being said with Ksh 1.5M and above, you will get yourself a Nissan X-trail in good condition in Kenya.
Nissan X-trail Buying guide in Kenya
The first thing one needs to do is decide how much they are willing to spend for the purchase, you should also remember that additional costs will come in and are not included in the buying price. This includes the insurance cover cost and payment of professionals involved(mechanics, lawyers, etc). After deciding your budget, follow these steps to conveniently get your vehicle.
- Make a list of features you want for your X-trail
- Decide the state in which you want the car, either new or secondhand
- Choose between sourcing the car locally or importing it
- Check which models have your picks and see their price ranges
- See if these prices are within your budget, if not, adjust to models close to your specs and within the budget
- Proceed to look for a seller or dealer
Sourcing a car locally is simple and does not require a lot of processes, however, the condition of local secondhand cars might be deteriorated compared to a Secondhand imported from Japan. Importing will take a lot of time and you have to go through many procedures, this might need you to do it through a dealer to ease the process.
Also, see: Nissan Ad Van full review
When it comes to fuel consumption, the lower capacity ones consume less compared to those with higher cc, however, the higher the cc the more powerful the engine is. Similarly, the 4WD consumes more than the FF, however, the 4WD is better because it performs well on offroad driving.
Things you should check for
- Check on the general condition of the vehicle(interior, exterior and engine)
- Makes sure that the car ignition system is working seamlessly
- The engine should not be noisy
- Check for gear shifting problems
- The car should accelerate first and not Sluggishly
- There should not be body vibration and shaking.
- Be careful, cons do exist, do not accept online-only deals
- If it is secondhand, involve the mechanic to perform checks on its conditions. Also, do an NTSA check to know the current owner of the vehicle
- Make sure to check the documentation and verify that the engine and chassis numbers are what is in the logbook
Nissan X-trail maintenance in Kenya
The maintenance cost of X-trail is average. Common problems reported by X-trail users include; transmission/gear problems, engine stalling, electrical problems and failing to start. However, with proper maintenance, the above problems can be avoided. Below are some tips you can use to get a longer service life from the vehicle.
- Read the Owner’s Manual for instructions on how to handle the vehicle
- Take the car for service after every 7,500 Kms to 10,000 Kms
- Use recommended transmission fluid
- Drive carefully to avoid accidents
- Fuel filters should not be worn out, also, avoid dirty fuel
- Always check for the oil and coolant level and top up if low
Above, is a look at Nissan X-trail, we hope that you found the article helpful. Cheers!!