Nissan Wingroad is a car that comes with two engine types to choose from, one is powerful than the other, this makes it suitable for both business and family use. In the article, we are going to cover the car in detail. This will include the prices of Nissan Wingroad in Kenya, its specification and a buying guide for anyone who wants to get the car.
The car was introduced in the market in the year 1996, till its last production in 2008, the were three generations. The third generation was introduced in 2005. The car is made on the AD van platform. The main competitor of Nissan Wingroad is the Toyota fielder that comes at a higher price.
Nissan Wingroad Specifications
The car comes with its own unique specs that have helped it remain prominent in the market. We will look at these features below.
1. Nissan Wingroad exterior
The car is a station wagon that has a basic exterior appearance that is also attractive.
Here are the exterior specifications:
- Nissan Wingroad comes with 5 doors(two front, two rear and the tailgate)
- The ground clearance is 6.3 inches which is slightly below the required 6.4 inches on Kenyan roads
- Higher grades come with alloy rims while standards have steel rims
- Similarly, you will find fog lights on higher grades
- Lastly, there are different colors to pick from
2. Nissan Wingroad interior
The interior of the vehicle is basic but still spacious.
Below are the interior features:
- The car is a 5 seater(two front and three at the back)
- You get excellent legroom on both rows, even tall people will find it comfortable
- The headroom is also great, you are not going to find it tight
- Wingroad has a decent boot space, added to this, the back seats can be folded to give an even large space
- Cabin storage is also taken care of on both rows, you will find cupholders, door panels spaces, glovebox and seat jacket pockets
- Safety SRS airbags are also an additional feature
3. Nissan Wingroad engine specs
One has to choose the right engine type for their car. This depends on the intended use of the vehicle and the place of use. Let us see Wingroad engine specs below.
Here are the engine features:
- The engine capacity is either 1498cc or 1797cc
- One can choose between Front Wheel Drive(FF) or All Wheel Drive(AWD)
- The power of the engine ranges between 76ps to 190ps
- The gear type is either a 4-speed automatic transmission or a Continous Variable Transmission(CVT)
- The fuel consumption ranges between 14km/l to 17.2km/l depending on the transmission type and the engine capacity
- When it comes to acceleration, the 1498cc takes about 13.5 seconds to accelerate from 0 to 100km/h while the 1797cc takes about 12.5 seconds to accelerate from 0 to 100km/h
- The tank capacity is 45 liters
Other features include an Anti-lock Braking system, dynamic stability and EBD.
Prices of Nissan Wingroad for sale in Kenya
Different models of the Wingroad have different prices, here is a list of prices in the market, this includes in towns like Nairobi, Kisumu, Nakuru, Mombasa, Eldoret, Thika and other major towns.
- 2015 model- Ksh 950,000
- 2016 model- Ksh 1.1M
- 2017 model- Ksh 1.3M
- 2018 model- Ksh 1.6M
The above prices might change depending on the car’s condition and the seller. In a similar case, an imported car does not cost as a locally available one, so is a new one compared to a second hand.
Nissan Wingroad Buying guide in Kenya
Ensure that you have a clear budget, the budget should cover the buying price and other costs such as payment of professions involved(lawyers, mechanics, etc) and insurance payment.
In order to get a car in very good condition and ensure that you do not lose your money, there are things you should do. Below, are some tips.
- Put down the features and specs of the Nissan Wingroad that you want
- Decide where to get your car from (you can either import or buy locally for both new and second hand)
- Find out the price range of the model with the exact features you have
- Check to see if the cost is within your budget, if not, see the models within your budget and confirm that you are okay with the specs they have
- To avoid losing money to cons, avoid online-only deals, also do a background check for the dealers to ensure they are trustworthy
- It is also advisable to use a mechanic especially when buying a secondhand vehicle
Below are things that you should look for in a Nissan Wingroad before completing the purchase:
- General condition and appearance of the vehicle(interior, exterior and engine)
- If secondhand, it should be accident-free
- Check for the mileage of the vehicle, a lower mileage is always better
- Verify the documentation, the engine number and chassis number should be the same as what is in the logbook
- If the car is secondhand, check with NTSA to see the current owner
- Ensure the car is not failing to start or starts only after many attempts
- Check for gear shift problems
For a more fuel-efficient car, go for lower cc engines since in most cases they consume less fuel, on the other hand, Nissan Wingroad with higher engine capacities comes with more power. It is also important to note that transmission type will also influence the consumption, for example, a CVT transmission type will consume more than an automatic in most cases irregardless of the cc. The FF Wingroad also consumes less fuel than the AWD, however, All Wheel Drive types are suited for rough roads.
Nissan Wingroad maintenance in Kenya
Nissan Wingroad spare parts are easily available in the country, this, in turn, makes the maintenance cost low That being said, there are things that you can do on your side to maintain the good conditions of the car. Here are some tips:
- Ensure your read the owner’s manual thoroughly to understand instructions on how to use the vehicle
- Always check for the coolant and oil levels, top-up if they are low
- Drive carefully to avoid accidents
- Take the car for service every 5,000 to 7,500 kilometers
- Avoid dirty fuel
- Always replace the fuel filter when worn out.
Above is a look at Nissan Wingroad, we hope you found the article helpful. Cheers!!