Nissan Tiida is among the many vehicles offered by Nissan and is available in the Kenyan market. For anyone who wants to learn everything about this vehicle, the information below will help in that. Details we will look at include specifications of the car, prices of Nissan Tiida in Kenya, models available and a buying guide for those who want to purchase the car.
The car was introduced in the market in the year 2004. There have been two generations of Nissan Tiida, the latest one was introduced in 2011. The car comes either as a hatchback or sedan, the sedan is named Nissan Tiida Latio. Most people love the car because it is easy to maintain, its competitors include Toyota Auris, VW Golf and Subaru Impreza.
Nissan Tiida Specs
This compact vehicle comes with its own unique features, we will look at them in this section.
1. Nissan Tiida exterior
The car has a basic exterior, if you like a vehicle with a plain appearance, then this is the right one for you.
Here are the exterior features that you find in different models:
- The car comes with 5 doors(two front, two rear and the tailgate)
- The ground clearance is 6.3 inches that is slightly below the 6.5 inches recommended on Kenyan roads
- The car comes with fog lights
- Most models come with steel rims but higher grades have alloy rims
- There are different colors of Nissan Tiida to pick from
2. Nissan Tiida interior
Although Tiida is a compact car, it is very spacious in the interior.
Below are the things you will find on the inside:
- Tiida is a 5 seater car(two front and three at the back)
- The legroom is spacious both at the front and back, however, the rear center seat has interference from the bottom, this makes it less comfortable for tall people
- The boot space is medium, you can increase it by folding the rear seats
- In the cabin, you will find more storage spaces on both rows, these include cupholders, center box, door panels and seat jacket pockets
- Tiida also has power windows
- Also, you will find a Navigation system
3. Nissan Tiida Engine specs
The engine of Tiida is made to power this vehicle in all intended use.
Here is a list of the engine specs:
- The engine capacity is either 1498cc or 1797cc
- Fuel average consumption is between 12km/l to 15km/l
- Acceleration from 0 to 100km/h for the 1498cc engine is 12.1 seconds while the 1797cc accelerates from 0 to 100km/h in about 9.1 seconds
- You can either choose between All Wheel Drive(AWD) and Front Wheel Drive(FF)
- The engine power ranges between 109ps to 128ps
- The transmission type in Tiida is mostly 4-speed automatic transmission or CVT(Continuous Variable Transmission). You will also find some 5-speed manual transmission
- The tank capacity is 52 liters
Prices of Nissan Tiida for sale in Kenya
Here are different prices of Nissan Tiida models on sale in different parts of the country including; Mombasa, Nairobi, Nakuru, Kisumu, Eldoret, Thika, Nyeri, etc.
- 2015 Model- Ksh 850,000
- 2016 Model- Ksh 970,000
- 2017 Model- Ksh 1.3M
- 2018 Model- Ksh 1.7M
- 2019 Model- Ksh 1.9M
- 2020 Model- Ksh 2.1M
- 2021Model- Ksh 2.5M
The above prices are an average of the market. They might change depending on the condition of the vehicle and the seller. However, with Ksh 500,000 and above you will get yourself a Nissan Tiida in good condition in Kenya.
Nissan Tiida buying guide in Kenya
To get the best, you can apply some tips. The first thing that you have to know is how much you are willing to spend. When planning for your budget, make sure you account for other additional costs that will arise, this includes the insurance payments.
These steps will help you as you pick the right car for your intended use:
- First, have a list of Nissan Tiida features you want for your car
- Next, decide whether you want a new car or a secondhand one
- Also, choose between importing and buying locally
- Go ahead and check for prices of the vehicle with the specs that you picked, if the price is above your budget, adjust to get a model with close specs and fits your budget
Nissan Tiida has good fuel economy in general. The 1498cc attached to the automatic transmission gear type is more fuel-efficient than the 1797cc, however, higher capacity engines are usually more powerful. The FF drive type also consumes less fuel than the AWD, the AWD are on the other hand is good for rough roads.
Here are some more tips you can use before completing the purchase:
- Make sure you check for the general condition of the vehicle
- If the car is secondhand, use a mechanic to help you with the inspection, also, check for the registration of the vehicle on NTSA to see its current owner
- Do a thorough verification of the documents, the engine and chassis number should be the same as those in the logbook
- Do not pay in cash, instead use a bank
- Never accept online-only deals, meet physically and it is advised to use a lawyer
Nissan Tiida maintenace in Kenya
Tiida cars maintenance cost is low, this is because the engine spare parts are easily available in the country. Some common problems that have been reported by Tiida users include loss of power, acceleration problems, gear/transmission issues and failing to start. These problems can be avoided with timely service.
Here are some tips to use to get longer service from the car:
- Read the Owner’s manual for every instruction on the use of the vehicle
- Take the car for service every 5,000 to 10,000 kilometers
- Use clean and recommended transmission fluid
- Check for the coolant and oil levels frequently and top up if low
- Drive carefully
Above is a look at the Nissan Tiida in Kenya. We hope you found the information helpful. Cheers!!