Nissan March is one of the oldest compact vehicles. Over the years, the car has remained competitive in the market. There must be reasons why the car has remained superior in the market over the years, we will see them as we cover the vehicle below. Details we will look at include specification of the car, prices of Nissan March in Kenya and a buying guide at the bottom.
Nissan March which is also known as Nissan Micra has been in the market since 1982. There have been 5 generations since then, the latest one was introduced in 2017 and includes more improvements especially in tech. Some of the top competitors include Suzuki Swift, Mazda Verisa and Toyota Passo.
Nissan March Specifications
Like we mentioned earlier, this car comes with superior features that keep it competitive among compact vehicles.
1. Nissan March exterior
While the car is compact, it has an attractive sporty appearance.
Here is a list of exterior features:
- The car is 5 door hatchback(two front, two rear and the tailgate)
- The ground clearance starts from 4.7 inches and above depending on the model, this is however way below the required standards of 6.5 inches on Kenyan roads
- The most recent models have alloy rims while in older models only higher grades had alloy rims and standard had steel rims
- Also, you will find fog lights on higher grades
- The car is also made attractive by the taillights at the back
- There is also a range of colors to pick from when it comes to Nissan March
2. Nissan March interior
The interior is not as spacious as other compact vehicles such as Nissan Note.
Below are the features you will find on the inside:
- This is a 5 seater car(two at the front and three at the back)
- The legroom is moderate and might not be comfortable for long-distance travel especially for tall people
- The headroom is however good and you will not find it tight
- The boot space is medium, this means it can carry only small luggage, the rear seats can however be folded flat to increase the boot space greatly
- Cabin storage is also taken care of, you will find various important storage spaces such as cupholders, glove box and seat jacket pockets
- The car also comes with a touchscreen for entertainment and a Navigation system in recent models
- For safety purposes, you will find SRS airbags
3. Nissan March engine specs
The engine of Nissan March is designed to be compact yet fuel-efficient.
Below is a list of engine specs for different March models:
- The engine capacity ranges between 997cc and 1597cc in all models
- Depending on the engine capacity and other features, the fuel consumption ranges between coverage of 18Km/l to 23Km/l
- Nissan March accelerates from 0 to 100km/h in about 13.9 seconds
- The engine power ranges between 58 to 150ps
- Common gear systems include 5-speed manual transmission, Electric 4-speed automatic transmission(E-ATX) and Hyper CVT(Continous Variable Transmission)
- You can also choose between a Front Wheel Drive(FF) and All Wheel Drive(AWD)
- Lastly, the tank capacity of Nissan March is 41 liters
Additional features include automatic start and stop, this is fuel saving feature that stops the engine on long idle. Others include Anti lock braking system and Braking assist.
Nissan March Prices in Kenya
The following are the prices of different models of Nissan March on sale in different parts of the country including Kisumu, Mombasa, Nairobi, Nakuru, Eldoret, Thika, etc.
- 2015 Model- Ksh 750,000
- 2016 Model- Ksh 840,000M
- 2017 Model- Ksh 910,000M
- 2018 Model- Ksh 1.0M
- 2019 Model- Ksh 1.4M
- 2020 Model- Ksh 1.8M
- 2021 Model- Ksh 2.3M
The above prices are just an average of the market. They might change depending with the condition of the vehicle and the seller. Also, a new car will not cost the same as a secondhand. That veing said, with Ksh 600,000 and above, you will get Nissan March in good condition in Kenya.
Nissan March Buying guide in Kenya
Ensure that you have a clear budget, the budget should cover the buying price and other cost such as payment of professions involved(lawyers, mechanics, etc) and insurance payment.
The following tips will assist you when purchasing your car;
- First, write down all the features of the Nissan March car you want, from the interior, exterior to the engine
- Decide whether to import or buy locally
- Also, choose between a new and a secondhand March
- Now, check for the prices of the models with the exact specs you want. If the prices are above your budget, look for models with almost similar specs and within your budget
- See whether your budget fits for a brand new or secondhand in the model picked
- Be wary of cons, also do not accept online-only deals
- Pay only after document verification(the chassis number and engine number should be same to what is in the logbook). If buying from a previous owner, verify ownership from NTSA portal
- Pay through the bank and not in cash
- Makes sure you check for the condition of the vehicle, if possible, involve a mechanic
Things to check for when purchasing your Nissan March:
- Ensure that the vehicle is in good condition generally(the exterior, interiors and engine)
- The car should start with not more than 3 attempts
- Check for gear shift problems
- Ensure that the Engine is not noisy
For a more fuel efficient car, go for lower cc engines since in most cases they consume less fuel, on the other hand, Nissan March with higher engine models come with more power. The FF March also consumes less fuel than the AWD, however, All Wheel Drive types are suitable for rough roads, that said, the low ground clearance of Nissan March makes it not suitable for use on rough roads.
Nissan March maintainance In Kenya
Nissan March has its spare parts easily available in the country, this in turn makes the maintenace cost low. Some common problems reported by Nissan March users include noise under the steering wheel, engine noise, rough idling and engine stalling. However,with proper service, the above problems can be avoided. Here are some maintenance tips:
- Make sure to read the Owner’s manual in detail to understand instructions on the use of the car
- After every 5,000 Km, take the care for service
- Most models will come with a ground clearance of below 6.5 inches which is the standard requirement for Kenyan roads, you can hence use a profession to adjust accordingly
- Use clean fuel
- Always check for coolant and oil levels to make sure there are okay
Above is a look at Nissan March in Kenya. We hope you found this article helpful. Cheers!!