Honda Stepwagon is among the MVP vans in the Kenyan market. In this article, we will cover the car in full including all its specifications, the prices of Honda Stepwagon for sale in Kenya and a buying guide at the end for anyone who wants to acquire it.
Honda Stepwagon was introduced in the market in the year 1996. There have been 5 generations since and the latest one was introduced in 2015. The car is a Multipurpose van that can be used for both business and family functions. It mainly competes with Toyota Voxy and Toyota Noah, though, it does better when it comes to features compared to the two.
Honda Stepwagon Specifications
Choosing the car that one will get is a one-time decision and one should understand what all the choices at hand have to offer. Below, we will see what the Stepwagon comes with.
1. Honda Stepwagon exterior
The exterior is boxy like just like most other vans it competes with.
Below are features you will find from the outside:
- Honda Stepwagon has 5 doors(two front, two rear and the tailgate)
- The car comes with double sliding back doors
- At the top, you find roof rails
- Recent models also have a sunroof
- The ground clearance is 5.9 inches or 6.1 inches depending on the model and grade, this is below the 6.5 inches required on Kenyan roads
- Alloy wheel is a standard in this car models
- In the 5th generation models, you find a backdoor known as waku waku, this door allows one to access the third-row seats from behind
- The car comes in different colors, most popular include white, silver and black
2. Honda Stepwagon Interior
Just like you would expect in a Van the size of the Stepwagon, the cabin is spacious.
Here are the interior specs:
- This is an eight-seater car (comes with three rows)
- The legroom in each row is spacious ensuring a comfortable ride for both the driver and the passengers
- Since the car is tall, the headroom is great too
- The car comes with great boot space, additionally, the third and second row can be folded flat giving a very large cargo space
- You will also find different cabin storage spaces such as the cupholders, seat jacket pockets and the door compartments storage
- For safety, Honda Stepwagon has airbags
3. Honda Stepwagon engine specs
The car has a fairly powerful engine that is also fuel efficient.
Below are the engine specifications:
- The engine capacities are either 1500cc or 2000cc(the 2354cc one was abolished in the fourth generation)
- When it comes to fuel consumption, the 1500cc covers 16.0Km/l while the 2000cc covers about 13.6km/l
- The engine power ranges between 125ps to 162ps
- The acceleration from 0 to 100km/h is about 12 seconds
- You can choose between an All-Wheel Drive)AWD) and Front Wheel Drive(FF)
- The engine is either linked to a 5-speed automatic transmission gear or Continous Variable Transmission(CVT)
- Lastly, the tank capacity is between 52 liters to 57 liters
Prices of Honda Stepwagon for sale in Kenya
Here are the prices for different models of Honda Stepwagon on the market in different parts of the country. This includes towns like Mombasa, Kisumu, Nairobi, Nakuru, Eldoret, Thika, etc.
- 2015 model- Ksh 1.5M
- 2016 model- Ksh 1.64M
- 2017 model- Ksh 1.7M
- 2018 model- Ksh 1.85M
- 2019 model- Ksh 2.1M
- 2020 model- Ksh 2.7M
- 2021 model- Ksh 2.98M
The above prices are just an average of the market, they will vary depending on where you get the car from. A new car will also not cost the same as a secondhand one. The cost of an imported and locally available car will vary. Same case when it comes to checking of specs and the grade of the vehicle.
Honda Stepwagon buying guide in Kenya
There are usually dos and don’t when purchasing a car. Let us look at tips that one can apply when buying a Stepwagon. The first thing should be to determine the budget which should cover even post-purchase costs such as the insurance cover.
Prepare a list of the features that you want for your Honda Stepwagon car. Also, decide whether you want a new or secondhand car. The sourcing of the vehicle is also an important decision to make, is it locally or from Japan? It is important to note that all of the above specifics will influence the cost, hence, the next thing should be to look for the prices of Honda Stepwagon models within your specifics. If the price is above your budget, look at what specifics you can adjust to fit your budget.
For a better fuel economical car, go for a 1500cc, however, these engines are not as powerful as the 2000cc one. The FF type also consumes less fuel than the AWD although it is more suited for smooth roads hence best applicable for around towns use.
After you are through with the above, you will have to go to the next step which is buying. Here are the things to do before payment:
- Check for the general condition of the car
- If the car is secondhand, use a mechanic to do the inspection for you
- Verify the documentation and make sure that the chassis and engine number are similar to what is on the logbook
- An accident-free vehicle is better just like is a low mileage one
Honda Stepwagon maintenance in Kenya
Honda Stepwagon engine parts can be shared from other Honda vehicles, this makes the spare parts easily available and hence the vehicle has a lower maintenance cost, the body parts can however be expensive. Below are tips to use for a longer service life from Alphard.
- Read the owner’s manual to get every instruction on the use of the vehicle
- Take the car for service every 5,000 kilometers
- You can increase the ground clearance of the vehicle to ensure a smooth drive even on speed bumps
- Use clean fuel
- Use recommended transmission fluid
- Top up coolant and oil levels when low
- Drive carefully
Above is a look at Honda Stepwagon in Kenya. We hope you found the article helpful. Cheers!!