Toyota Succeed is one of the best multi-purpose vehicles in Kenya. That is why in this article, we will cover this car in detail. Among the things we will look at are, the prices of Succeed in Kenya, models available, all specs of the car and look at some buying tips plus maintenance tips.
The car is made by Toyota and has been in the market since 2002. It is maid as a multipurpose vehicle to ferry both passengers and cargo. Unlike its very close counterpart, Probox, Succeed is designed with more comfort features and hence better for passengers. Succeed is also slightly taller than Probox, however, Probox has two engine capacities while Succeed comes only in one. Lastly, succeed has a higher cargo-carrying capacity than Probox.
Succeed has been produced in two generations. The first generation was in production from 2002 to 2014 while the second generation is in production since 2014.
Toyota Succeed Specs
Succeed comes with its own unique features that differentiate it even from its look-alike Probox. Let us see them below.
1. Totota succeed exterior
The car has a basic exterior that also ensures that the cost is kept low.
Here is a list of its exterior features:
- Succeed is a 5 doors vehicle(tail door, two front and two back)
- The ground clearance is 6.1 inches which is fairly good compared to the standard requirements of 6.5 for Kenyan roads
- Succeed has rare lights on the boot door
- It comes in different colors but the most common is white and grey
- The wheels have 14-inch steel rims
- Have halogen lights(no fog lights)
2. Toyota Succeed interior
The interior of Succeed is also basic but spacious.
Let’s see what the inside has to offer:
- Succeed is a five-seater( 2 at the front and 3 at the back)
- The seats have adjustable headrests
- The car comes with optional power windows
- The legroom at the front is okay, the second row might feel tight for tall people
- The boot is very spacious and can carry heavy luggage, if you need additional space, just fold the back seats
- The cabin has more storage compartments including, cup holders, storage on door panels, dashboard and a center tray
3. Toyota Succeed Engine specs
The engine of Succeed is designed to perform for a cargo-carrying economical car.
Here are the engine features:
- The engine capacity is 1500cc
- The car average fuel consumption is between 15 and 19Km/L
- Succeed accelerates from 0 to 100Km/h in around 11.7 seconds
- The engine has a power of 109pcs
- The gear system is either 4-speed automatic transmission and 5-speed manual transmission
- You can also choose between a Foward Wheel Drive(FF) and an All Wheel Drive(AWD)
- Lastly, the tank capacity of Toyota Succeed is 50 Liters
Prices of Toyota Succeed in Kenya
Here are the Prices of Toyota Succeed models available in different towns in Kenya including Mombasa, Nairobi, Kisumu, Nakuru, Eldoret, Thika, etc.
- 2015 model- Ksh 950,000
- 2016 model- Ksh 1.0M
- 2017 model- Ksh 1.1M
- 2018 model- Ksh 1.14M
- 2019 model- Ksh 1.165M
- 2020 model- Ksh 1.8M
- 2021 model- Ksh 1.95M
The above prices will vary depending on various factors such as where you get your car from, an imported vehicle will have a different price from that one that is available locally. A new car will also not cost the same as a second hand, the same case applies to the grade, the higher it is the higher the cost.
Toyota Succeed buying guide in Kenya
To get the best, there are tips that you can use. First, you will need to have a clear budget, the planned budget should include all costs that are going to be incurred. This includes the purchase price and additional costs such as the insurance payment.
If you are looking to get more fuel-efficient Succeed, you should go for the Front Wheel Drive type(FF), this is because it consumes less fuel than the All Wheel Drive type(AWD). FF means the power is being transmitted to the front wheels which in turn carry the vehicle, on the other hand, AWD means that all wheels are receiving power.
Below is a procedure you can follow when buying your car:
- Have a list of Specs that you want for your succeed
- Decide whether you want a brand new one or a secondhand
- Choose between importing and buying locally
- Check for the prices of the model with your specs, if the price is high, choose what to forego. For example, you can forego some features to have a lower model or if you wanted a new one, go for a secondhand instead
Things to check for when buying a succeed
When you have picked the car you want and already have the seller, there are things you should do before completing the purchase.
- If the car is secondhand, involve a mechanic to do the inspection
- Always check for the general condition of the vehicle even when it is new
- Ensure that the car starts smoothly
- The engine should not be noisy and the vibration should be less
- Check for gear problems
- Verify the documentation, the chassis number and engine number should be what is in the logbook
- Be wary of cons and do not complete your deal online, pay after seeing the vehicle or meet the dealer in their offices
Some problems that have been reported by Toyota Succeed users include fuel overconsumption problems, problems with the gear and AC problems.
Maintenance of Toyota Succeed in Kenya
The car has a low maintenance cost and its spare parts are easily available in the country. Here are some tips you can apply to get longer service from your Succeed:
- Read the Owner’s manual for detailed instructions on the use of the vehicle
- Take the car for service every 5,000 to 10,000 kilometers
- Makes sure to check for oil and coolant levels frequently and top up if low
- Drive carefully
- Use clean fuel
Toyota Succeed FAQs
Succeed can be considered average when it comes to fuel consumption.
This might not be the best luxurious family car, you can instead check for other cars such as RAV4.
Yes, this car is a perfect fit for business especially cargo ferrying ones.
You can a Succeed car in good condition starting from Ksh 900,000.
Above is a look at Toyota Succeed, we hope you find the information helpful. Cheers!!