Toyota Sienta is a Mini MPV that has gained popularity in the country in recent years. The car is suitable for business and family purposes. In this article, we will cover this car in detail. We are going to cover full specs of Toyota Sienta, models, prices of the models on sale in the Kenyan market, buying tips and maintenance tips for the vehicle.
Sienta is a combination of the Spanish word Siete meaning seven and the English word entertain. This means that the car is designed to comfortably transport seven passengers. The first model was introduced in the market in September 2003 based on the subcompact Vitz car from Toyota still. Since then, there have been two generations of Sienta and each generation has different models.
Toyota Sienta features | For sale in Nairobi, Kisumu, Mombasa, Nakuru
Let us see all the features that this vehicle comes with below. Most of the specs we will look at below are available on Toyota Sienta available for sale in different major towns in the country.
1. Toyota Sienta Exterior
The car is a hatchback type and maintains a basic appearance just like other Toyota budget vehicles such as Passo and the Vitz.
Here is a look at the exterior features of Sienta models:
- The first-generation model had a boxy like design, however, the second generation that was introduced in 2015 is designed to look like a trekking shoe
- The car has 5 doors (two for the front, two for the rear seats and one for the boot)
- The back seats doors are power sliding ones
- Sienta models come with Power windows
- High-grade models have defogger for the rear window
- Some models also have alloy wheels and fog lights
- There are different colors available for each model meaning you can pick your exact taste
2. Toyota Sienta Interior
The interior of the car is designed with the comfort of every passenger in mind while still maintaining basic design.
Here is an overview of the interiors:
- The car is spacious and comfortable
- The majority are 7 seaters with a few being 5 seaters
- The legroom and headroom are spacious on all 3 rows making it comfortable even for tall people
- The boot space is big and can carry heavy luggage, in addition, you can fold the second and third seat rows to increase the storage space.
- Documents storage, smartphone storage and cupholders are provided on the cabin doors
- Air conditioning is available even at the rare rows making the car comfortable for every passenger
- Has Navigation and accessory sockets on the cabin
- Most Sienta cars also come with side airbags, curtain airbags and SRS airbags.
3. Engine Specs
Toyota Sienta has a fuel-efficient engine that is also designed to give maximum performance.
Below is what the Engine gives:
- The engine capacity is 1500cc for Sienta models
- The acceleration from 0 to 100 Km for this car is 12.8 seconds
- Fuel is between 13 to 20Km/L
- 4WD/FF drive type
- Has a tank capacity of 42 Litres
- Some models have 5-speed manual transmission, others are CVT(Continuous Variable Transmission) while others have the automatic transmission gear type
Apart from the above features, the cars come with Anti locking braking system, Aero Stability Fans and Electronic brakeforce distribution(EBD). These features boost the overall driving experience and safety of the vehicle.
Toyota Sienta Prices in Kenya
Let’s see the cost of different Sienta models below:
- 2014 Model: Ksh. 1.19M
- 2015 Model: Ksh. 1.30M
- 2016 Model: Ksh. 1.40M
- 2017 Model: Ksh. 1.8M
- 2018 Model: Ksh. 1.95M
- 2019 Model: Ksh. 2.3M
- 2020 Model: Ksh. 2.7M
- 2021 Model: Ksh. 3.3M
Toyota Sienta 2021 model
The above-listed prices will vary depending on various factors. For example, where one gets the vehicle from, the model grade will also influence the price. For example, vehicles from local yards might be a bit higher in price than the imported ones. Also, a brand new Sienta will be more costly than a second-hand one whether available locally or imported.
Toyota Sienta Buying guide in Kenya
The following tips will assist you when purchasing your car;
- First, write down all the features of the Sienta car you want, from the interior, exterior to the engine
- Now, check for the prices of the models with the exact specs you want. If the prices are above your budget, look for models with almost similar specs and within your budget
- See whether your budget fits for a brand new or secondhand in the model picked
- Decide whether to import or buy locally
- Be wary of cons, also do not accept online-only deals
- Pay only after document verification especially if buying from a previous owner
- Makes sure you check for the condition of the vehicle, if possible, involve a mechanic
Things to check for when purchasing your Sienta:
- Ensure that the vehicle is in good condition generally(the exterior, interiors and engine)
- The car should start with not more than 3 attempts
- Check for window and doors power failure
- Check for gear shift problems
- Ensure that the Engine is not noisy
Toyota Sienta Maintainance In Kenya
Sienta just like most Toyota cars has generally low maintenance costs. However, good care from your side will be a save for your cash. Spare parts are also available with ease locally. Here are some maintenance tips:
- Make sure to read the Owner’s manual in detail to understand instructions on the use of the car
- Most models will come with a ground clearance of 6.5 inches that is the standard requirement for Kenyan roads, you can hence adjust accordingly
- Avoid dirty fuel
- After every 5,000 Km, take the care for service
- Always check for coolant and oil levels to make sure there are okay
FAQs about Toyota Sienta
Sienta can be considered average when it comes to fuel consumption.
Yes, the car can be used for most businesses since it is spacious and can carry heavy loads.
Definitely yes, this car is spacious and comfortable make it good for family
You can decide to import either a new or secondhand from Japan or buy a new one or secondhand one locally.
Above is a look at Toyota Sienta, a car available in the Kenyan market and can be imported mainly from Japan. We hope that you found this information helpful. Cheers!!